Illinois Wrestling Coaches and Officials Association
What are the major functions and benefits of the IWCOA?
Scroll down to become a member...
- The IWCOA membership includes membership in the Illinois Coaches Association. This membership includes a $1,000,000 liability insurance policy among other benefits including available insurance coverage for open tournament and camps.
- The IWCOA will host 2 Coaches Clinics to kick off the new season. Dates, places and times are listed on our calendar of events.
- The IWCOA and the IHSA have worked together and established Official's Technique Classes and the implementation of a progressive and positive Official's Mentoring Program for the evaluation and promotion of wrestling officials.
- The IWCOA has established a working relationship with the IHSA which has led directly to the creation of Grand Marshalls (which are selected by the Hall of Fame Selection Committee).
- The IWCOA directs the annual Freshman-Sophomore State Tournament Series.
- The IWCOA directs the annual Illinois / Indiana Classic Duals which showcases our best graduating seniors versus Indiana’s.
- The IWCOA is responsible for the creation, organization and presentation of the All-State Banquet which honors our All-State Wrestlers and Coaches.
- At this banquet we recognize our most accomplished athletes, coaches, officials, administrators, and special friends of Illinois wrestling. Awards include:
* Wrestler of the Year & Scholastic Wrestler of the Year for each class
* Head and Assistant Coaches of the Year for each class
* Official of the Year
* Administrator of the Year for each class
* Gold, Silver and Bronze Level Awards for Special Recognition
* Ken Gerdes Memorial Scholarship Recipients
* All-State Wrestlers in attendance are recognized with a certificate and T-Shirt
* Newsman of the Year
- The IWCOA is also responsible for the creation, organization and presentation of the Hall of Fame Banquet which honors Hall of Fame Inductees, Lifetime Achievement Awards, and Grand Marshalls. This banquet is held separate from the All-State Banquet.
* On average, 12 to 18 people are Inducted into the Hall of Fame each year.
* Athletes, Coaches, and Officials must be nominated by a IWCOA member.
* The Hall of Fame Selection Committee is a panel consisting of Hall of Fame Members.
* A voting quorum procedure is followed in the selection of Hall of Fame Inductees.
- The IWCOA organizes and directs the Midwest Nationals Wrestling Tournament held at Wesleyan University in Bloomington on July 13, 2013.
Ready to join? Just complete the following steps:
- Click here to sign up for a FREE Illinois Matmen forum account. This is required to participate in the nominations and voting for the end of season IWCOA awards. If you already have an account, you can proceed to the next step.
- Click here to fill out the online membership form (opens in a new window).
- Click the PayPal "Buy Now" button to pay online with your credit card.
Mail a check made payable to the IWCOA to:
Joe Cliffe, Membership Co-Chairman/Treasurer
200 W. Elm Street
Fairbury, IL 61739
IWCOA Home | Calendar of Events | Executive Board | District Representatives
Fresh/Soph State | Midwest Nationals | Corporate Sponsors | Level Sponsors | JOIN THE IWCOA