Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Old 03-25-2012
Obi-Wan Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckbln View Post
The thing is that there IS a whole lot that people don't know...and the main point of my post is towards the fact that there was no investigation...but at the same time the racially agenda motivated people jumped into this without all the facts. I have to laugh at the pics the media posted...I found a few that were a whole lot more accurate...
Would you expect anything less from those that have made a living off of fanning racial flames?

It used to be that everybody thought Jesse and Al were the chosen spokespersons for Black America. I'm glad that for the most part people see now that they speak for their own pockets and not an entire race.
Old 03-26-2012
Varsity

I do not understand how the victim can get shot in the back and the shooter still has a claim of self-defense.

From what I can deduce, the victim was either fleeing at the time he was shot or had been pulled back-to-chest by the shooter, also indicating that any imminent threat (Skittles and Arizona are the weaponized version of Diet Coke and Mentos )has been neutralized and removing the need to draw a weapon, let alone discharge it.
Old 03-26-2012
Sergeant Major

Send a message via MSN to mckbln
And here is the latest:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,3121664.story

Basically, Martin had been suspended from school for possession of a marijuana baggie (irrelevant regarding the shooting, other than he might have been in a bad mood). Zimmerman had been tailing him on foot, lost sight of him, and returned to his van when Martin confronted and punched him. Eyewitnesses say that Martin was on top and beating Zimmerman, pounding his head in the ground. A witness threatened to call 9/11, at some point Martin got off Zimmerman, and Zimmerman shot him.

"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."
Old 03-26-2012
Olympian

I also heard on CNN that there is a 13 yr old witness that is yet unidentified and his/her statement has not been made public as of 4pm. I wonder what he/she saw and if that it is even credible given the age of said witness.
Old 03-26-2012
Varsity

Mac,

That still does not provide for a shot to the back as self-defense.
Old 03-26-2012
Sergeant Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIref View Post
Mac,

That still does not provide for a shot to the back as self-defense.
Never said it did. My biggest issue with this whole incident has nothing to do with self-defense.

Regarding the shooting, two things that bother me are the fact that Zimmerman, probably a wanta-be cop running around with a gun (legally) did not heed the advice of the dispatcher, or that the police department did not investigate the incident. I think when all is said and done, he will be punished. I do not buy the self-defense claim based on the "Stand Your Ground" law.

My biggest issue with this tragic incident has to do with a problem I have with the media and the way things get twisted or how facts get misreported, and that the agenda-pushing race-baiters always jump into these incidents sans all the facts, yet are NEVER held accountable for their actions.

1. The pictures initially posted were biased; consider this:
http://ow.ly/i/wNAS

2. The latest FACTS, which include eyewitness reports clearly show that Trayvon was no angel, despite attempts to portray him that way, and he DID attack and beat-up Zimmerman.

3. I am sick and damn tired of every tragedy involving a black person automatically being about race; it's total BS and it is only being fueled by the race-baiting agenda-pushing A$$-wipes like Sharpton and Jackson, and oh yea...throw in the racist org New Black Panthers.

4. Hurricane Katrina: a disaster of a huge magnitude, made worse by media embelishment and out right lies. When all the facts came out, 99% of the things that they tried to sensationalize turned out to be complete fabrications.

5. The Duke LaCrosse Team scandal: Another example of complete and utter media embelishment and racial hype that, once all the facts came out, was based on a complete lie. While the idiot states attorney who basically dove into this for political reasons was rightfully removed and disbarred, TO THIS DAY neither Jackson or Sharpton have ever appologized for their accustaions/actions...that were WRONNNGGGG!!!!!

Ever read "Bonfire of the Vanities"? If you have you will catch my drift.

Old 03-27-2012
Varsity

Doesn't the scuffle and the fact that the shooter pursued the victim raise the question whether the victim acted within the bounds of the "stand your ground" law?
Old 03-27-2012
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckbln View Post
Never said it did. My biggest issue with this whole incident has nothing to do with self-defense.

Regarding the shooting, two things that bother me are the fact that Zimmerman, probably a wanta-be cop running around with a gun (legally) did not heed the advice of the dispatcher, or that the police department did not investigate the incident. I think when all is said and done, he will be punished. I do not buy the self-defense claim based on the "Stand Your Ground" law.

My biggest issue with this tragic incident has to do with a problem I have with the media and the way things get twisted or how facts get misreported, and that the agenda-pushing race-baiters always jump into these incidents sans all the facts, yet are NEVER held accountable for their actions.

1. The pictures initially posted were biased; consider this:
http://ow.ly/i/wNAS

2. The latest FACTS, which include eyewitness reports clearly show that Trayvon was no angel, despite attempts to portray him that way, and he DID attack and beat-up Zimmerman.

3. I am sick and damn tired of every tragedy involving a black person automatically being about race; it's total BS and it is only being fueled by the race-baiting agenda-pushing A$$-wipes like Sharpton and Jackson, and oh yea...throw in the racist org New Black Panthers.

4. Hurricane Katrina: a disaster of a huge magnitude, made worse by media embelishment and out right lies. When all the facts came out, 99% of the things that they tried to sensationalize turned out to be complete fabrications.

5. The Duke LaCrosse Team scandal: Another example of complete and utter media embelishment and racial hype that, once all the facts came out, was based on a complete lie. While the idiot states attorney who basically dove into this for political reasons was rightfully removed and disbarred, TO THIS DAY neither Jackson or Sharpton have ever appologized for their accustaions/actions...that were WRONNNGGGG!!!!!

Ever read "Bonfire of the Vanities"? If you have you will catch my drift.
I was going to bolden the parts I agree with, but it was ended being pretty much the whole thing. The facts of the case no longer matter to most. It has certainly now become about what can you get out of this.

Sharpton and Jackson are unbelievable in these situations. I won't be surprised if we get another Reginald Denny situation(Rodney King trial) before this is all over.
Old 03-27-2012
Banned

zimmerman is a Democrat

The individual at the center of the controversial Trayvon Martin shooting is a registered Democrat.

http://freebeacon.com/registered-dem-killed-trayvon/
Old 03-27-2012
Sergeant Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIref View Post
Doesn't the scuffle and the fact that the shooter pursued the victim raise the question whether the victim acted within the bounds of the "stand your ground" law?
I don't think you read the whole account.

Here is the latest:

Zimmerman pursued him, lost him, then returned to his SUV. It was at this point that Martin confronted him, and according to eyewitnesses said, "You got a problem?", Zimmerman said, no, and then Martin told him he had one now and punched him in the face, knocking him to the ground. Martin jumped on top of him and began pounding his head in the ground. Zimmerman pulled his gun and shot him in the chest (yes, in the chest, not the back). The fact that he shot him while he was being attacked is why he was able to claim self-defense.

Sponsored Links