Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA AAA

Old 03-08-2012

Frosh/Soph State

Is Winning Frosh/Soph state that much of an accomplishment? I know there is some competition but there is still i higher level of accomplishment, Real State. Post comments please.
Old 03-08-2012
Junior Varsity

It is very important are you jealous because you didn't make it?
Old 03-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSMW View Post
It is very important are you jealous because you didn't make it?
im saying it doesn't matter its for the not as good wresters to feel good, i made it freshmen year but didnt go cause i thought it was pointless then real state sophmore year
Old 03-08-2012
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake2464 View Post
im saying it doesn't matter its for the not as good wresters to feel good, i made it freshmen year but didnt go cause i thought it was pointless then real state sophmore year
You don't even wrestle stop trolling admin delete this post.
Old 03-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSMW View Post
You don't even wrestle stop trolling admin delete this post.
really? i dont? look up Jake Kaminsky you know everything though don't you?
Old 03-09-2012

many state champs did it as freshmen and won it so i guess its not that important...o wait
Old 03-09-2012

Yes it does matter
Old 03-09-2012
Varsity

Jake2464,

Large tournaments like these are essential to development of talent depth in Illinois wrestling. If you read the thread that I posted earlier in this forum, you would see that of the wrestlers whom placed in the 2011 Freshmen-Sophomore State Tournament, 43% of them went on to qualify for the 2012 IHSA State Tournament.

http://illinoismatmen.com/forum/show...t=42740&page=3
Old 03-09-2012
Keep Your Head Up!

Yes, Jake2464, you are right. The IHSA state tournament is the big one and every IL high school wrestler dreams about competing in Champaign, NOT in Springfield!

Having said that, this tournament is an important opportunity for many wrestlers to get "big stage" experience which can help to prepare them for an eventual trip to State. In that sense, it is not unlike the IKWF state tournament in Rockford.

Additionally, the fact that there are 32 man brackets with wrestlers from all three classes (A-AA-AAA schools) means that that it is not an easy tournament by any stretch.

For my son, it is an opportunity to get more meaningful matches that will help him grow as a competitor.
Old 03-09-2012
Varsity

My son qualified as a Freshman in 2A this year for IHSA State. Unfortunately he lost his first match and was done. He was disappointed to learn he couldn't compete in Frosh/Soph State. This is a very competitive tournament and looking through the bracket at my son's weight and some of the other weights, there are some very good wrestlers in those brackets. I recognized a lot of names from my son's IKWF days. A lot of these kids wrestled on their Varsity teams, so to say this Tournament is for the not so good wrestlers is ridiculous.
These boys didn't just pay a fee and get to go, they had to make it through a Regional and Sectional just like IHSA State. My son doesn't feel he is superior to any of these wrestlers, he would have loved the chance to wrestle kids he may never see during the season. Good Luck to all the boys this weekend and Good Luck to Jack Rossi 138 from Champaign Central!
Sponsored Links