Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA AAA

Old 01-07-2010
Before there were techs

Snow Day

Was wondering School A is closed for a snow day, and school B is not. The Thursday meet bewteen the two is cancelled supposed to be @ school B. School A cannot practice and School B also cancels practice. Do either schools get the consecutive day pound, even though neither wrestled. Then School C is also closed on Thursday and cannot practice how does this affect the dual for a Friday?? Or is everyone forced to bump their line ups around??? Even better what if school B practices and has their kids on scratch. Interesting, at least to me
Old 01-07-2010
Varsity

I believe if you do not weigh in then you do not get the extra pound for consecutive days.
Old 01-07-2010
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskies View Post
Was wondering School A is closed for a snow day, and school B is not. The Thursday meet bewteen the two is cancelled supposed to be @ school B. School A cannot practice and School B also cancels practice. Do either schools get the consecutive day pound, even though neither wrestled. Then School C is also closed on Thursday and cannot practice how does this affect the dual for a Friday?? Or is everyone forced to bump their line ups around??? Even better what if school B practices and has their kids on scratch. Interesting, at least to me
You do get the extra pound. One of the AD's may have to contact the IHSA
Old 01-07-2010
Varsity

This rule was changed 2 years ago. Check the by-laws

A snow day/lack of practice equals/closed school equals a +1lb allowance
Old 01-07-2010
Varsity

NFHS Rule 4-5, Article 5

...Competitions that are postponed for one calendar day or more, for reasons beyond the control of the participating school(s), or practices that cannot be held in these situations due to school policy shall be treated the same as competitions when there are consecutive days of competition in terms of the 1-pound allowance, with the exception of the required 48-hour notice.