Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA AAA

Old 05-17-2009
Junior Varsity

Pray and pray hard for Mike Powell

I encourage and implore all of Illinois' wrestling famlies to drop to their knees every night from this day forward and pray for one of the best men I've ever known or will probably ever know in this life, Mike Powell. I know Mike probably doesn't want all of this fuss, but I truly believe in the power of prayer and the power of God and his ability to heal, and if anyone ever deserved it, I believe it is Mike Powell. Although quite a bit older than Mike I have been blessed to know him and he has taught me much since I was originally introduced to him. He is a man of passion, integrity, and love. We have a real treasure in Mike Powell; he represents the best in all of us! Illinois, and anyone else reading this post, please pray for Mike. Illinois, we owe Mike and his family our prayers, if nothing else, and I will be the first one to post my prayer to Mike and his family. Mike; I pray to Almighty God that he takes you into his loving arms and cures you RIGHT NOW of your disease. You have way too much to give and I pray for a long, long, future for you and your family. God Bless you Mike. In Jesus name I pray. Amen! I encourage everyone to post their prayers for Mike or more importantly to just pray in private for Mike and his family. He is truly a remarkable man for which we should all be grateful!
Old 05-17-2009
COE COLLEGE KOHAWKS

Without question Coach Powell is in our prayers along with his family. He is a true inspiration to not only Illinois wrestling but ALL of wrestling. He was one of few who had confidence in my son in his early Greco stages and has been and will continue to be a huge part of his wrestling. Hang in there Coach. Fight the good fight. If anybody can do it, you can. All of our strength is being sent your way...not that you need it, but because we want to.

Isiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles: they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not be faint.
Old 05-17-2009
Wrestling Media

What happened?
Old 05-17-2009
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR TWISTER View Post
What happened?
Twist, read the first post here: http://www.illinoismatmen.com/forum/...ad.php?t=24764
Old 05-17-2009
Olympian

Coach Powell, I know that Mark has talked to you personally and we sent you a note through Paul Monson, but please know that every day and night we say a private prayer for you and your family during this difficult time. If anyone can fight the good fight, we know it is you. Keep fighting the battle. Illinois needs you and all of wrestling needs you.
Old 05-17-2009
Junior Varsity

coach powell

coach powell i hope and pray that everything works out for you. you seem like a great man, and and inspiration to the wrestling community. I pray that the lord helps you through this difficult situation and that you have a full and succesful recovery.
Old 05-18-2009
Question Everything.

Send a message via AIM to HeadHunter130 MSHS Send a message via MSN to HeadHunter130 MSHS Send a message via Skype™ to HeadHunter130 MSHS
Coach Powell, you have been the one man I've looked up to in my few years of wrestling so far, from the first day I came to an OPRF practice 3 years ago, to just Saturday and Sunday, a few days ago, and you will continue to be a role model in my life, as well as all those who have had the privilege, and honor, to have met you and spent some time to get to know the man you truly are. You are the embodiment of mental strength, integrity, and passion for what you do. You have not only instilled in me a love for wrestling and passion for it, but in the last few weeks, given your current condition, a sense that, no matter how bad things may get, the only way to approach them is with optimism, determination, a strong will to succeed, and an even stronger heart. Though the time I have spent in the OPRF wrestling room does not match to the time your own wrestlers have spent with you, I can still say that your words of encouragement and your "always going for it" attitude have helped me more as a wrestler than anything else I can think of. You are an amazing coach, and an even more amazing human being. You are what all men strive to become in life. Your passion, love, and care for your team and the sport of wrestling, and for people in general, is surpassed by very few, if none. You are in our family's prayers, and I'll hope to see you again soon.

Mario P.
Old 05-26-2009

Best wishes to coach Mike Powell...From KeVon and the Powell family
Sponsored Links