Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IKWF

Old 04-14-2012
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardnose View Post
Amen coach
Good luck to your son at Rice, it's a great school and they have great people there. Have they announced when they are doing their summer camp for wrestling yet?
Old 04-14-2012
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscrea View Post
If you transfer schools you sit a year. Period end of story no exceptions. Doesn't take money to enforce. It would be amazing how very few athletes dads would be "moving for a new job" with that rule...
There are exceptions desaun hurley transferred from mp to julian and was able to play. If you transfer from public to private or vice versa you are eligible also.
Old 04-15-2012
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastoftheRedskins View Post
Oh and by the way when it comes to academics Marist has 7 kids playing football in the Ivy league alone, 10 kids wrestling in college including 2 big ten schools and our Math team just beat Br. Rice's math team by 800 points(not an exaggeration) in a numbers fight. ( I'm assuming that is the term they use instead of dual meets)
the math team statement is the best . I think you are missing the overall point, which is in the halls of: Providence,BR Rice, Mt Carmel, St Rita, Marist, Fenwick, De Lasalle, etc........ there are students and student athletes who will be going to Ivy League, Big Ten, Pac Ten, Mac, Mountain West, Big East, Private Schools, etc........
Be proud of what Marist's kids accomplish, but you have to remember that if a kid or a parent doesn't choose to become part of the Marist school, that does not mean they cant be happy, comfortable, or successful.
Old 04-16-2012
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanging out in Cali View Post
We were talking about recruiting being done, but please give details. Who lives out of district? Where do they live? Who is doing the recruiting? Are they getting tuition breaks, rent breaks, or some other assistance?
So none of this has never happened? You want me to come on here and embarrass people for what? Maybe you can buy me a beer sometime and I will give you some details.

Quote:
we talking about someone who lives outside the 30 mile radius but attends a catholic school anyways? Are we talking about catholic schools offering tuition and rides? Are we talking about coaches sending texts to parents of kids about free tuition to kids that attend other schools? Are we talking about fake residences?
To varying degrees, these are all illegal. But to act like it's not happening is just being obtuse.

Quote:
In my book, a person is allowed to own buildings and people are allowed to rent. If they are being given assistance or free rent or are using fake addresses, then that might be a violation.
Might? I'm sure the IHSA would have something to say about that. Definitely not fair.

Quote:
There are a lot of apartment buildings that are owned by many different people who are alumni of many different high schools and are also parents. Are they not allowed to rent their spaces in their buildings to families?
Of course they are. But if I was a parent/booster of Joe Schmoe High and a bunch of elite wrestlers moved into my apartments located in the district, I think a lot of people would have a problem with that. You really don't think this happens anywhere at all?

Quote:
You are always making anonymous allegations without facts. How about you put your name to those allegations and provide real evidence and not supposition?
Where have I called anyone out by name? Please show me I am curious.

Quote:
I have seen and experienced recruiting from the coaching staffs of 2 schools and both are catholic schools. That is fact.
So have I. But I have seen public schools do it as well. Don't act like public is as clean as you make it out to be.

Quote:
It just seems that you are making accusations that can have legal ramifications and are making a lot of assumptions and then are casting aspersions about people anonymously. Please enlighten us and start with your name, for the court please.
I didn't know I was under arrest. Did I call anyone out by name? I didn't call you out, so I don't know what you are so upset about.
Old 04-16-2012
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardnose View Post
Thanks appreciate it. You're right, they're great people at BR. Rudy loves Coach Panozzo and Weick. Looking to bring Alex Tsirtsis out for a day at the BR camp in July. I'll get back to you on a date/details. Travis Piotrowski had a great year, good luck to him. Is he going to the same HS as the Cullen's?
Travis will be attending Prairie Ridge. One of the Cullen clan graduated from PR but due to a border change the younger two I believe will be attending Cary Grove.

Thanks for forwarding me the camp info when it comes out, my kids attended it two years ago and loved it.
Old 04-16-2012
Olympian

who is upset?

Quote:
Originally Posted by barzagar View Post
So none of this has never happened? You want me to come on here and embarrass people for what? Maybe you can buy me a beer sometime and I will give you some details.

To varying degrees, these are all illegal. But to act like it's not happening is just being obtuse.

Might? I'm sure the IHSA would have something to say about that. Definitely not fair.

Of course they are. But if I was a parent/booster of Joe Schmoe High and a bunch of elite wrestlers moved into my apartments located in the district, I think a lot of people would have a problem with that. You really don't think this happens anywhere at all?

Where have I called anyone out by name? Please show me I am curious.

So have I. But I have seen public schools do it as well. Don't act like public is as clean as you make it out to be.

I didn't know I was under arrest. Did I call anyone out by name? I didn't call you out, so I don't know what you are so upset about.
You make anonymous accusations without any basis and pass off your assumptions as if they were fact. You make these accusations based on your assumptions while hiding behind a screen name. As far as buying you a beer, I will not hold my breath. That would be a threat to your comforting anonymity. I do not know if any of these violations occur. I do not make any assumptions that I know other people's situation nor do I care. I expect parents do what they believe is right for their kids and do not make assumptions that their decisions are made because a hs coach, parent, or alumni recruited them to wrestle at a hs. I am willing to give the parents, the kids, the coaches and the landlords the benefit of the doubt that they are not doing anything illegal unless I know for a fact that someone is doing something illegal. Obviously, the anonymous barzagar is omniscient to know other people's situations and circumstances, so he can come on this site and tell us of all the illegal acts committed by members of our community-just no specific details or facts. I would just like to know the name of my wrestling god. Thank you.
Old 04-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Oliva View Post
Isn't that unfair to kids who actually do have to move?

The way I see it, if a kid wants to go to a certain school and moves into the district, who cares? There are a lot of coaches out there who don't work very hard and if I was a parent in that disctrict I'd think long and hard about sending my kid there. I've spoken to many parents over the years who would love to transfer their kids but can't because they don't have the financial means to do so. I feel bad for them because their settled with a bad situation. If you can provide better for your child, good for you.

Appeals can be looked at case by case. We are talking about sports, not academics. Coaches abuse the system to build championship teams. The playing field is not fair to everyone with the BS that goes on. The IHSA needs to safeguard a fair system for everyone. Who is anyone to judge whether or not a coach is "good". Moving before freshman year should be allowed. That is a parental and family decision. Transferring later for sports for more playing time, to win a championship, or whatever should not be allowed. it invites abuse.
Old 04-20-2012
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscrea View Post
Appeals can be looked at case by case. We are talking about sports, not academics. Coaches abuse the system to build championship teams. The playing field is not fair to everyone with the BS that goes on. The IHSA needs to safeguard a fair system for everyone. Who is anyone to judge whether or not a coach is "good". Moving before freshman year should be allowed. That is a parental and family decision. Transferring later for sports for more playing time, to win a championship, or whatever should not be allowed. it invites abuse.
Put it this way, if you're coach isn't active right now during the off-season trying to make his kids better than he's lazy and not "good."
Old 04-20-2012
Varsity

Yep lazy, and only there for that Lil paycheck!! If you don't care about your kids or team enough to keep interest in the offseason then you need to QUIT!
Old 04-25-2012
Olympian

I don't think wrestling coaches are lazy, whether they do anything in the off-season or not. Coaching is a grind.
Sponsored Links