Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Old 04-02-2012
Sergeant Major

Send a message via MSN to mckbln
Quote:
Originally Posted by promartinez View Post
Former President Bill Clinton said the "tragedy" of the killing of Trayvon Martin should cause a re-thinking of the "Stand Your Ground" law.
"There are different stories being told," the former president said, "so the first thing I have to say is that it's important to find out the facts."
Clinton continued "but to me, beyond the incredible personal tragedy- this young man was not armed, he clearly presented no threat to anybody's life - is, the most important thing I've read was from the former police chief in Florida in the community, he was one of many law enforcement officers testifying against that Stand Your Ground law. And he said, you know this is going to create all kinds of problems. And it's going to be almost impossible to prove what was in someone's mind when a certain thing happened."
Clinton said "people have always had a right to have a handgun in their home- to protect their homes- then we've seen this breathtaking expansion of the concealed weapons laws in America moving from the late 90's into this decade, far - if you will - to the extreme that America had ever been on these.
"And now the Stand Your Ground law," he continued. "I think the law is going to create real problems because anyone can - anyone who doesn't have a criminal background, anyone not prohibited by the Brady Bill and caught by the checks - can basically be a part of a neighborhood watch where they have a concealed weapon whether they had proper law enforcement training or not. And whether they've had any experience in conflict situations with people or not.
"So I hope this will lead to a reappraisal of the Stand Your Ground laws," President Clinton said, "and I hope that the truth will come out and that the tragedy of this young man's loss will not be in vain- it's just terrible. Whatever the facts were - all these people trying to jump on him and talking about some mistake he made in his life- that's irrelevant because unarmed person who was killed on the street by a gun. And so I hope justice will be done in this case but I hope that the larger justice that would somehow redeem a portion of this terrible loss."
He said: "the American people should re-examine their position on that and ask: Is this really worth it? Are we really all that much safer taking the chance that this kind of thing could happen over and over and over again?"
The president made his comments in an exclusive interview with ABC News focused on his work with Clinton Global Initiative University.
Anything coming from former "I am the first black president" Clinton is pretty much a joke. In fact, I pray for the day that both he and his screech owl wife disappear from politics. Of course we will still get "It's none of your damn business!" Chelsea in a few years. They just cling to the political scene to remain relevant, political, and in a position of power.

As far as the "stand your ground" law, it applies if Trayvon Martin attacked Zimmerman. This will all eventually go to court, and the entire case will be won or lost not on facts but in the jury selection most likely. Sorry for the cynicism, but it comes from education, age, and experience...

"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."
Old 04-02-2012
22 more years left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leg-rider View Post
Call me racist Idc because i'm not but I can say with nearly 100% accuracy you're either black or an idiot. I'm tired of listening to you and all the others defend this kid. The facts are starting to become more clear and yet you still blame zimmerman. The fact is Trayvon was a thug, not all blacks are don't get me confused, but at his age most are either thugs or wannabe thugs. That goes for some whites as well acing like thugs. (See what I did there?) You might as well join sharpton and jackson as elite racist who think only white ppl can be racist and anytime a gangbanging black person dies blame the white person. IF TRAYVON WAS ACTING LIKE A THUG (IDK IF HE TRULY WAS BUT IT'S MORE THAN LIKELY) THEN WHAT ZIMMERMAN DID WASN'T WRONG IT WAS SELF DEFENSE
Wow...

2nd bold is just some.
1st one is all / most.
3rd bold - you don't know but probably was.

Crazy.

BTW - I just feel bad it was a Kid that got killed.
Also another human being for no reason no matter what.
Old 04-02-2012
22 more years left.

Quote:
Call me racist Idc because i'm not but I can say with nearly 100% accuracy you're either black or an idiot. I'm tired of listening to you and all the others defend this kid. The facts are starting to become more clear and yet you still blame zimmerman. The fact is Trayvon was a thug, not all blacks are don't get me confused, but at his age most are either thugs or wannabe thugs. That goes for some whites as well acing like thugs. (See what I did there?) You might as well join sharpton and jackson as elite racist who think only white ppl can be racist and anytime a gangbanging black person dies blame the white person. IF TRAYVON WAS ACTING LIKE A THUG (IDK IF HE TRULY WAS BUT IT'S MORE THAN LIKELY) THEN WHAT ZIMMERMAN DID WASN'T WRONG IT WAS SELF DEFENSE
Nice.
Do you have some type of voice transfer program from text to listening?

LOL.

I just thought we were giving our opinions here.
Old 04-02-2012
IZZY STYLE ELITIST

Quote:
Nice.
Do you have some type of voice transfer program from text to listening?

LOL.

I just thought we were giving our opinions here.
Everyone else is give their opinions but you are trying to play the race card here like most black people usually do
Old 04-02-2012
22 more years left.

Quote:
Everyone else is give their opinions but you are trying to play the race card here like most black people usually do
A Kid got killed over a Misunderstanding.
How is that Bad on My Part of my thoughts or opinions?
Old 04-02-2012
IZZY STYLE ELITIST

Quote:
A Kid got killed over a Misunderstanding.
How is that Bad on My Part of my thoughts or opinions?
Because you're opinions are very biased.
1. "He didn't have to be shot let alone die over an A$$ kicking though!"
He probably snaked him from behind like a coward
2. "Zimmerman Could have drove away. He pursued.
Zimmerman stuck around like the get away driver."
Trayvon could have acted proper and not like a thug
3. "He shot the the kid because he was getting his A$$ Whooped!

A. X. Put Your Mouth On the Curb. Didn't want that to happen.
Should i have added that? Don't know. Maybe I will will regret it later.
Who knows. "
Racist much? Need I say more. Maybe Zimmerman wouldn't have been getting whooped if Trayvon wasn't a coward who attacked him from behind
4. "Martin's girlfriend, who was on the phone with him in his final moments, told ABC News in an exclusive interview that she has not been interviewed by police, despite Martin telling her he was being followed.
The 16-year-old girl, who is only being identified as DeeDee, recounted the final moments of her conversation with Martin before the line went dead.
"When he saw the man behind him again he said this man is going to do something to him. And then he said this man is still behind him and I said run," she said.
Phone records obtained by ABC News show that the girl called Martin at 7:12 p.m., five minutes before police arrived, and remained on the phone with Martin until moments before he was shot.
DeeDee said Martin turned around and asked Zimmerman why he was following him.
"The man said what are you doing around here?" DeeDee recalled Zimmerman saying.
She said she heard someone pushed into the grass before the call was dropped.
Zimmerman, who had called 911, was asked by the dispatcher if he was following the teen. When Zimmerman replied that he was, the dispatcher said, "We don't need you to do that."
This is very biased because of course his gf is going to say that Zimmerman started it. On the other hand you have actual witnesses who stated Trayvon was the aggressor.

Old 04-02-2012
Varsity

A kid got killed because he got into a fight with fruit loop who was allowed to carry a gun. This is the same reason I don't get into fights on the tollway when someone cuts me off or at bars with drunk idiots with something to prove. Now, I believe Zimmerman went looking for a fight and I believe his actions were racially motivated. Sorry, when I ride the Green Line I don't worry about the Asian kids who look like they go to University of Chicago. However, I don't assume everyone is criminal and chase them down either. The issue is that this is being racially charged by our grossly liberal media and our African American leaders that want equality but look for every reason to destroy any progress for self-promotion. We haven't had any good race riots since 1992 so these guys need their new book deals and public speaking engagements to make sure they are still relevant and profitable.
Old 04-02-2012
IZZY STYLE ELITIST

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden eagle 157 View Post
A kid got killed because he got into a fight with fruit loop who was allowed to carry a gun. This is the same reason I don't get into fights on the tollway when someone cuts me off or at bars with drunk idiots with something to prove. Now, I believe Zimmerman went looking for a fight and I believe his actions were racially motivated. Sorry, when I ride the Green Line I don't worry about the Asian kids who look like they go to University of Chicago. However, I don't assume everyone is criminal and chase them down either. The issue is that this is being racially charged by our grossly liberal media and our African American leaders that want equality but look for every reason to destroy any progress for self-promotion. We haven't had any good race riots since 1992 so these guys need their new book deals and public speaking engagements to make sure they are still relevant and profitable.
Pleas tell me how this was racially motivated. I am dying to hear the answer
Old 04-03-2012
Varsity

Quote:
Pleas tell me how this was racially motivated. I am dying to hear the answer
Would Zimmerman have been following Martin if he were not black? I don't think the shooting was a hate crime, but Zimmerman saw a black male teenager walking by his gated community and felt that Martin was a threat. I don't know if Zimmerman's actions would have been the same if Martin was a white teenager. However, he decided to tail a black kid in a white neighborhood while carrying a gun for protection. This is a pretty clear cut case of racial profiling. Hence, the decision to pursue Martin on his own after he had been told by police not to was because he thought that his neighborhood was in imminent danger because Martin was a black teenager.

Growing up in a white suburb, my best friend who is black, had the police called on him the first night he lived in this suburb because he was trying to get into his family's new home in a very nice area and was having trouble with the lock. Had that been a white kid would the police have been called? What would have happened if the person who called the police was a neighborhood watch goofball and approached him with a gun? Our society, is not as advanced as many of us would like it to be or pretend that it is.
Old 04-03-2012
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden eagle 157 View Post
Would Zimmerman have been following Martin if he were not black? I don't think the shooting was a hate crime, but Zimmerman saw a black male teenager walking by his gated community and felt that Martin was a threat. I don't know if Zimmerman's actions would have been the same if Martin was a white teenager. However, he decided to tail a black kid in a white neighborhood while carrying a gun for protection. This is a pretty clear cut case of racial profiling. Hence, the decision to pursue Martin on his own after he had been told by police not to was because he thought that his neighborhood was in imminent danger because Martin was a black teenager.

Growing up in a white suburb, my best friend who is black, had the police called on him the first night he lived in this suburb because he was trying to get into his family's new home in a very nice area and was having trouble with the lock. Had that been a white kid would the police have been called? What would have happened if the person who called the police was a neighborhood watch goofball and approached him with a gun? Our society, is not as advanced as many of us would like it to be or pretend that it is.

first of all your "facts" are off...
Zimmerman never said he was following the kid because he was black.
Zimmerman 911 call:
Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.
Dispatcher: OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?
Zimmerman: He looks black.

Fact- Zimmerman was unsure what Trayvon was, only specified what he thought on race of individual when asked by the dispatcher,

Fact- Neighborhood Zimmerman was in is only 49% white, therefore, considered mixed...

Sponsored Links