Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IKWF

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 04-13-2012
ModestMouse ModestMouse is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illiana View Post
ModestMouse,

I don't mean to come off apathetic but sometimes you have to fight in the arena they build for ya. It's called REALISM. The IHSA will NEVER have the manpower, resources, or networking available to investigate all of the "recruiting" in the State of Illinois.
I dont think it is as complicated as you make it out to be. Lots of people know the truth and it wouldnt take too much manpower to look into some of these "transfers" "moving to a new district" students who happen to be elite athletes scenarios. I know for a fact the IHSA has some cash stored up, because you know they are not spending that money on awards.

Realism doesnt apply to just letting things happen because thats the way it is. If we didnt demand change this world would look a lot different than it does today.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-13-2012
coachgonzalez coachgonzalez is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 233
And who's going to be able to tell these parents what school district they can and can't live in? Waste of time, waste of money. It is our right to live where ever we want. These schools don't recruit more than any others, they just have such good programs that parents and kids want to attend.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-13-2012
ModestMouse ModestMouse is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachgonzalez View Post
And who's going to be able to tell these parents what school district they can and can't live in? Waste of time, waste of money. It is our right to live where ever we want. These schools don't recruit more than any others, they just have such good programs that parents and kids want to attend.
I needed a good laugh. Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-14-2012
Hanging out in Cali Hanging out in Cali is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,523
please inform us

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModestMouse View Post
I needed a good laugh. Thank you.
These schools recruit as you say. How? I am ignorant of how this works so if you could please enlighten me. Give an example. How are they in violation? Can you provide any evidence to support your position? Who have they recruited and how? Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-14-2012
ModestMouse ModestMouse is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanging out in Cali View Post
These schools recruit as you say. How? I am ignorant of how this works so if you could please enlighten me. Give an example. How are they in violation? Can you provide any evidence to support your position? Who have they recruited and how? Thank you.
This is my point. A lot of posters on here could give you exact recruiting details. But that isn't our job! The IHSA just lets it all happen. This is where I am confused.

Again im not blaming schools for recruiting, why wouldnt you, no one is going to catch you...but where does it end, where is this heading, is this good for the sport, will we lose competitive balance?
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 04-14-2012
Hanging out in Cali Hanging out in Cali is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModestMouse View Post
This is my point. A lot of posters on here could give you exact recruiting details. But that isn't our job! The IHSA just lets it all happen. This is where I am confused.
Where are these posters? I want some exact recruiting details. What is our job? To post supposition? Could someone please post some exact recruiting details?

Mike Rundell
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 04-14-2012
barzagar's Avatar
barzagar barzagar is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lincoln Park
Posts: 611
If a wealthy booster/parent of a program was a "landlord" for athletes that lived out of district, would that be considered a violation? It would be in my book. That doesn't happen right?

Last edited by barzagar; 04-14-2012 at 03:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 04-14-2012
Hanging out in Cali Hanging out in Cali is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by barzagar View Post
If a wealthy booster/parent of a program was a "landlord" for athletes that lived out of district, would that be considered a violation? It would be in my book. That doesn't happen right?
We were talking about recruiting being done, but please give details. Who lives out of district? Where do they live? Who is doing the recruiting? Are they getting tuition breaks, rent breaks, or some other assistance? Are we talking about someone who lives outside the 30 mile radius but attends a catholic school anyways? Are we talking about catholic schools offering tuition and rides? Are we talking about coaches sending texts to parents of kids about free tuition to kids that attend other schools? Are we talking about fake residences? In my book, a person is allowed to own buildings and people are allowed to rent. If they are being given assistance or free rent or are using fake addresses, then that might be a violation. There are a lot of apartment buildings that are owned by many different people who are alumni of many different high schools and are also parents. Are they not allowed to rent their spaces in their buildings to families? You are always making anonymous allegations without facts. How about you put your name to those allegations and provide real evidence and not supposition? I have seen and experienced recruiting from the coaching staffs of 2 schools and both are catholic schools. That is fact. It just seems that you are making accusations that can have legal ramifications and are making a lot of assumptions and then are casting aspersions about people anonymously. Please enlighten us and start with your name, for the court please.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 04-14-2012
roscrea's Avatar
roscrea roscrea is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 28
If you transfer schools you sit a year. Period end of story no exceptions. Doesn't take money to enforce. It would be amazing how very few athletes dads would be "moving for a new job" with that rule...
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 04-14-2012
James_Oliva James_Oliva is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by roscrea View Post
If you transfer schools you sit a year. Period end of story no exceptions. Doesn't take money to enforce. It would be amazing how very few athletes dads would be "moving for a new job" with that rule...
Isn't that unfair to kids who actually do have to move?

The way I see it, if a kid wants to go to a certain school and moves into the district, who cares? There are a lot of coaches out there who don't work very hard and if I was a parent in that disctrict I'd think long and hard about sending my kid there. I've spoken to many parents over the years who would love to transfer their kids but can't because they don't have the financial means to do so. I feel bad for them because their settled with a bad situation. If you can provide better for your child, good for you.
__________________
http://www.video-infinity.com
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.